Monday, July 7, 2014

It's Healthy Snack Monday!!

Ants-on-a-Log

Peanut Butter Celery and Raisins

One of the fondest memories I have from when I was a kid, was making "ants on a log" with my Mom. My older sister was in charge of spreading the peanut butter. I was in charge of lining up the "ants" (or raisins if you prefer :-). Then, we packed up our healthy snacks and headed outside for a picnic. Which, for those of you familiar with having a St. Bernard as a pet, did not last very long. There was this one time when he ate an entire spatula because it was covered in food. Yep, they are absolute garbage cans. Oh, but how fun they were to play with!!

Isn't it funny how something so simple can stick out in your memory forever? I loved being in the kitchen with my Mom. Maybe that's why I hold my kids so close to my heart when I'm in the kitchen. Anyway, here is the easiest recipe that is 100% kid-friendly.

How to Make "Ants-on-a-Log"

Ingredients Needed:

Celery Sticks - washed and cut into sticks
Peanut Butter - spread as much as you wish!!
Raisins - use as many as you wish!!

Equipment Needed:

Sharp Knife
Cutting Board
Spoon

No comments:

Post a Comment